- Posted 09 November 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Change & Technology
- Contact NameRory Curran
A leading Insurance firm is looking to hire a Data Science Manager. The successful candidate will play a critical role in delivering a new Data Transformation project. The holder of this role will have strong data science and programming skills with additional statistical, data manipulation and data analysis capability.
- Leads the data science capability of the business which will drive:
- Data cleansing (e.g. matching of premium and claims for delegated business, cause codes).
- Work alongside actuarial team to perform data mining to produce extra insights to be available to underwriters to improve profitability (e.g. partnering with the underwriters to identify profitable micro-market segments).
- Using data science/AI techniques to automate manual tasks across the business (e.g. sanctions checks, fraud monitoring).
- Work with data analysts and actuaries to research, identify, cleanse, analyse, visualise and draw insights from external data sources.
- Work with the Head of Data Analytics and Portfolio Undrwriting supporting the business with proactive analytics and insights.
- Expert in data analysis/visualisation techniques
- Programming skills (Python an advantage)
- Working knowledge of some data science techniques
- 2+ years' data analysis/visualisation experience preferably in a Lloyd's environment
- Highly proficient in required IT packages
- Good organisation and planning
- Good written and face to face communication skills
- Experience using Agile methodologies and proven ability to take complex requirements and break them down into epics and technical user stories an advantage
- Experience working with Azure data technology stack such as Data Factory, SQL, Synapse Analytics, PowerBI an advantage