- Posted 27 October 2023
- Salary £55000 - £70000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Internal Audit
- Contact NameLee Kerr
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and working closely with an experienced team, this is a great opportunity to join fast growing Insurance group and be part of an ever developing Internal audit function.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide day to day support to the Internal Audit Department's activities, which encompass the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's governance, risk management process and systems of internal control.
- Assist with developing, maintaining and executing a proportionate risk-based audit plan.
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting on the certification of internal controls identified in the ERM framework.
- Assisting the audit department conducting internal audit work and fraud investigations as requested by Senior Management or the Audit Committee.
- Perform all aspects of Internal Audit engagements including planning, fieldwork, testing, concluding findings and reporting to the HIA.
- Either assist or conduct closing meetings with auditee, communicating findings in an effective manner and agreeing on actions to address.
Key attributes required:
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act with proven SOX compliance experience
- Experience in the planning and implementation of audit and control policies and a thorough understanding of information systems
- Knowledge/experience working with electronic audit working papers and reporting is an advantage
- A high level of discretion, credibility and interpersonal abilities when interacting with senior management and operation managers
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building strong, trusting relationships with business operations, while remaining independent and objective
Prior experience in:
- University degree in Accountancy, Business, Law or a related subject
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA or IIA) and preferably ACII certified
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in external and internal auditing in (re)insurance or a financial services environment
- Prior experience in performing internal audits in (re)insurance markets preferred
- A sound working knowledge of the International standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Hybrid working model available in this very collaborative and exciting environment.