- Posted 30 October 2023
- Salary £50000 - £60000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Internal Audit
- Contact NameLee Kerr
Great opportunity with a leading global insurer who are looking to hire an Internal Auditor into their London office operations. Whether recently qualified or studying towards a relevant professional qualification you will be looking for a move into an internal audit role within the London Market Insurance industry.
In this very collaborative environment you will support the Head of Internal Audit and wider leadership team in the delivery of internal audit services to the Company's UK and European offices
Responsibilities: (but not limited to)
- Undertake all stages of financial and operational internal audits in accordance with internal audit procedures, working in conjunction with the Head of Internal Audit as required.
- Produce balanced internal audit reports to management that are factually accurate, commercially aware and recommending value adding ideas and best practice for controls improvement.
- Escalate any control issues, as these arise, to the Head of Internal Audit and management.
- Obtain and maintain an understanding of operational and control risks across the region.
- Work with members of the global internal audit team to achieve objectives defined in projects.
- Provide advice and support to management on risk assessments and the development of Company processes, procedures and systems.
- Assist with the annual internal audit planning cycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and adoption of industry best practices in terms of process execution, internal controls, ethics and compliance
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Ideally 3-5 years' Audit experience;
- An understanding of Internal Audit methodologies and standards;
- An appreciation of the risks and benefits of technology in a business environment;
- Good understanding of business processes and how they support the business; and
- Ideally an understanding of the underwriting process, the Underwriting manual, slip and file construction.
- Studying towards a relevant professional qualification (CIIA, ACA, ACCA, CII).
Hybrid working patterns available