- Posted 01 December 2023
- Salary £80000 - £90000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Finance
- Contact NameMark Brown
A leading international specialty Insurance Group are looking for an interim FP&A Manager for a period of 6 months. He FP&A team is part of the international finance team and are responsible for internal reporting, business partnering, decision support, forecasting, planning and analysis activities along with the Finance reserving process.
This role is responsible for all FP&A activities within the specialty / London market segment and will also be involved with the analytics for other business units that form a matrix structure. The key areas of delivery will be:
Business Partnering / Decision Support
- Carry out fast and accurate analysis of, and commentary on, key business drivers and parameters that impact future profit and revenue growth.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly and yearly internal reports are produced, reviewed and distributed in compliance with the required deadlines.
- Analytical review of annual budget and monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results.
- Support underwriting management in any financial queries
Quality Assurance and Review
- Understand & communicate key drivers of financial results (in total, by sub-segment, by legal entity and by individual line of business)
- Pipeline premium review and liaison with underwriters
- Revenue recognition policy review, development and compliance (including resolution through liaison with the business and BI/IT)
- Provide input into quarterly International forecasting process (by sub-segment and by legal entity) through engagement with business stakeholders, identification of upcoming issues and/or adjustments and understanding of historical trends
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a commercial finance role gained in a non-life insurance business (London Market/Lloyd's preferred). You must be highly IT literate with advanced Excel skills and have financial modelling abilities.