- Posted 27 October 2023
- Salary £60000 - £70000 per annum
- Discipline Finance
- Contact NameMark Brown
Following the successful acquisition of two further insurance providers into the portfolio of this PE backed business, a new Finance Manager is required to oversee the two entities. The Finance Manager will play a pivotal role within the growing MGA, ensuring financial stability and efficiency. In the dynamic setting, their primary purpose revolves around 3 core aspects: process management, financial control and management oversight. This multifaceted role is integral to the company's stability and strategic direction
The role will directly manage an individual whilst in tandem working with the Senior Finance team at Group level, fostering collaboration and synergy to ensure alignment with broader financial strategies.
- Management Accounts- Prepare monthly management accounts in a timely manner to meet Group's reporting requirements including variance analysis and commentary.
- Revenue Recognition and reconciliation- Ensure accuracy of sales and profit numbers with the wider income teams.
- Year End Financial statements- Prepare year end accounts to assist with the financial statements preparation and audit process.
- Working Capital an Cashflow management- Manage working capital effectively and oversee cashflow, maintaining liquidity and providing regular updates to Group.
- Budgeting and Forecasting- Assist with the preparation of Profile's budget and regularly provide insight and analysis.
- Team Management- Supervise existing member of the finance team, providing guidance and support to ensure the finance department operates efficiently.
- Ensuring robust financial controls and with documented processes are in place.
- Oversee processing of monthly Prepayments/Accruals
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations along with written commentary.
- Oversee vendor management and approve of all supplier payments.
- Provide Aged debtor reports to commercial teams and oversee collection process
- Reconciliation of all insurer bank accounts ensuring receipts are allocated daily and payments are made within the required timescales
- Ensure insurer ledgers are maintained with no build up of historic balances
- Work closely with the Group in the development of new processes, controls and reporting on both insurance and accounting platforms.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience gained in a finance function of an insurance business (MGA / Broker / Carrier) and will have excellent problem solving and process improvement skills. You will be a qualified/part qualified accountant with a pro-active and pragmatic approach to work.