- Posted 13 November 2023
- Salary £50000 - £56000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Change & Technology
- Contact NameRory Curran
A leading Insurance firm is looking to hire a Data Scientist to join their newly formed Data Analytics team. Working with the Data Science Manager you will be responsible for defining the strategic data requirements for delivery of data consumption use cases. You will be comfortable interacting with all teams within the business to understand, capture, prioritise and document business and technical requirements leading to the deployment of automated, optimised and highly effective analytics solutions.
Helps the Data Science Manager to deliver:
- Data cleansing (e.g. matching of premium and claims for delegated business, cause codes).
- Work alongside actuarial team to perform data mining to produce extra insights to be available to underwriters to improve profitability (e.g. partnering with the underwriters to identify profitable micro-market segments).
- Using data science/AI techniques to automate manual tasks across the business (e.g. sanctions checks, fraud monitoring).
- Work with data analysts and actuaries to research, identify, cleanse, analyse, visualise and draw insights from external data sources.
- Work with the data analysts supporting the business with proactive analytics and insights
- Expert in data science techniques
- Advanced programming skills (Python an advantage)
- Strong statistical, data manipulation and data analysis skills
- Strong academic background
- 2+ years' actuarial and/or data experience preferably in a Lloyd's environment
- Highly proficient in required IT packages
- Good written and face to face communication skills with people across the business (technical and non-technical)
- Experience working with Azure data technology stack such as Data Factory, SQL, Synapse Analytics, PowerBI an advantage