- Posted 16 November 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Change & Technology
- Contact NameRory Curran
A leading Insurance firm is looking to hire a Data Analyst to join their newly formed Data Analytics team. Working with the Data Analytics Manager you will be helping with the data analysis/visualisation components of the use cases to demonstrate value to the business. The holder of this role will have strong data analysis and visualisation skills with additional working knowledge of data science and programming.
- Design, maintain and update the key information used at the point of sale for underwriters (ultimately the underwriting dashboard).
- Working with the IT team and Data Engineer to make any required changes to the semantic/curated layers or data marts.
- Working with IT to select the appropriate Artificial Intelligence tools to provide risk insight direct to the underwriter.
- Design dashboards and visualisations bringing to life new analyses performed by the actuarial team and data scientists.
- Data Analytics support to back office functions for decision-making (e.g. exposure management, finance, HR, claims).
- Work with Data Scientists to research, identify, cleanse (in conjunction with the the IT team and Data Engineer), analyse, visualise and draw insights from external data sources.
- Work with the IT team and Data Engineer to educate business on what information is available to encourage self service and idea generation for future analyses (i.e. gathering requirements/use cases).
- Expert in data analysis/visualisation techniques
- Programming skills (Python an advantage)
- Working knowledge of some data science techniques
- 2+ years' data analysis/visualisation experience preferably in a Lloyd's environment
- Highly proficient in required IT packages
- Experience using Agile methodologies and proven ability to take complex requirements and break them down into epics and technical user stories an advantage
- Experience working with Azure data technology stack such as Data Factory, SQL, Synapse Analytics, PowerBI an advantage