- Posted 01 May 2023
- Salary £45000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + benefits
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Compliance & Legal
- Contact NamePaul Miller
In this role, you will support the delivery of the function's compliance plans, including supporting the work undertaken by the team in respect of financial crime and sanctions, compliance monitoring reviews and providing advisory and operational support to the business on regulatory matters and regulatory change. The Compliance function forms part of the wider Risk & Compliance function and is located within the second line of defence.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside senior managers and senior officers in delivering high quality assurance and advice
- Building positive relationships with peers across the business
- Supporting the Senior Managers in delivery of their respective integrated assurance plans.
- Helping the Senior Managers undertake in-depth thematic compliance monitoring reviews on regulatory matters and supporting the drafting of their reports.
- Helping to complete the batch screening of policies against relevant sanctions and financial crime lists.
- Managing key operational processes, such as regulatory returns calendar, policy management system, G&H and conflicts of interest logs.
- Assisting with reporting to the Risk & Solvency Committee, including the provision of MI and helping to draft sections of the Head of Compliance's report.
- Undertaking horizon scanning of emerging regulatory risk and working with the Senior Managers to help ensure change is delivered appropriately.
- Championing a culture of risk awareness
- Working with peers across the group of companies on wider initiatives.
You will enjoy this job, if:
- Enjoy collaboration and building lasting relationships with stakeholders
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and embrace transformation
- Enjoy providing a valuable service to the business
- Like working with a talented team of people
- Are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Love constantly learning and developing yourself
You will need:
- At least 12 months' experience of working in a compliance function within the GI sector and/or consultancy experience in this space.
- Working knowledge of the activities of a second or third line function within the Financial Services sector (must be related to insurance)
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in writing and verbally