- Posted 22 January 2024
- Salary £35000 - £55000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Finance
- Contact NameGeorge Padden-Evans
HFG are currently working with a leading London market insurer in search for their next Assistant Syndicate Accountant. The role holder will be responsible for the production, maintenance, reconciliation and analysis of the accounting ledger for the three managed Lloyd's syndicates, managing agent and corporate member. Additionally, you will be involved in some key Finance projects such as IFRS 17 and other adhoc projects when required.
- Assist with the production of the three Syndicate accounting ledgers, the ledger for the managing Agent and corporate member, through to the month end, quarter end and year end GL Close.
- Ensure the internal deadlines for group financial reporting schedules are met and queries answered in a timely Manner.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and required follow-up steps are taken for resolving the differences if any.
- Build relationships with stakeholders in Group finance, Actuarial, Syndicate reporting, IT functions to improve the quality of information reported both internally within the group and externally to Lloyd's.
- Actively studying Accounting qualification (ACCA,ACA,CIMA)
- Educated to degree level.
- Have good working knowledge of Insurance Accounting, preferably Syndicate
- Advanced Excel skills