- Posted 28 January 2024
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline Actuarial & Risk
- Contact NameBen Huntley
We have partnered with a strong medium sized Lloyd's player to find them a key member of their Reserving team. This person will play a pivotal part in creating the Reserving function after a long period of this being done externally (There will be a two year hand over period). This is a fantastic opportunity to assist the Head of Reserving/Chief Actuary create a best in class function with over 20 years of quality data and a large book of business with a GWP of over $2bn. The role is broad but includes:
- Creating best in class Reserving function working across a wide range of stakeholders from the wider actuarial team and IT Developers through to senior management and Group Actuaries.
- Enhance the downstream syndicate and group reporting.
- Lead the improvement of reserving diagnostics to create a visible and well connected function.
- Support and help grow the reserving function from 3 people to 6 at the end of this year and 8 the next.
- Play a central role in producing the quarterly reserve estimates and more generally act as a deputy head of reserving.
- Working closely with Underwriters, consultants and the Reserving Committee.
- Deep dive reviews, reserve monitoring, present reports on reserves/claims etc.
- Play an active role at a group level where needed (Around 10% of the role).
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fantastic team/business and help form a quality reserving function while having the support of consultants and ownership of large reserves. Please apply for further information.