- Posted 2023年05月01日 20:32
- Salary £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline 合規與法律
- Contact NamePaul Miller
HFG are recruiting for this Senior Compliance Officer exclusively, on behalf of a major insurer that operates in the Lloyd's market.
In this role, you will play a key role in supporting the delivery of the function's Compliance plans and the delivery of its compliance mandate. You will work alongside the other members of the team to deliver best in class compliance support to key business stakeholders. The Compliance function forms part of the wider Risk & Compliance function and is located within the second line of defence.
The role holder will effect change by promoting the need to achieve regulatory compliance within the business and ensure that compliance plays a key role in the delivery of the firm's strategy and day-to-day activities. You will work across all areas of compliance, including advisory, operations, financial crime and monitoring. You will be expected to contribute in equal measure across all disciplines within the team and support the Senior Managers accordingly.
Duties will include:
- Providing timely and high quality advice/challenge to the stakeholders across the business on regulatory considerations.
- Building positive relationships with peers across the business to ensure that regulatory considerations are central to the firm's operations.
- Supporting the Senior Managers in delivery of their respective integrated assurance plans.
- Working alongside he Senior Managers to undertake in-depth thematic compliance monitoring reviews and report on your findings to relevant committees and working groups.
- Understanding the financial crime landscape in which the firm operates and advising the business on the suitability of transactions within this landscape.
- Providing training and support to the business on regulatory affairs, advising and leading through change.
- Working with Senior Managers to support production of Compliance papers to committees and working groups
- Undertaking horizon scanning of emerging regulatory risk and working with the Senior Managers to help ensure operationalisation of change is delivered appropriately.
- Attending operational and project meetings to provide regulatory advice and challenge to business stakeholders
- Providing ad-hoc assistance and support to the Risk and Compliance Leadership Team on specific initiatives as required.
- Engage in market-wide initiatives and groups to understand and shape market thinking.
- Championing a culture of risk awareness
You will enjoy this job if you:
- Enjoy collaboration and building lasting relationships with stakeholders
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and embrace transformation
- Enjoy providing a valuable service to the business
- Like working with a talented team of people
- Are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Love constantly learning and developing yourself
You will need:
- At least 5 years' experience of working in a compliance function within the GI sector and/or consultancy experience in this space.
- Working knowledge of the activities of a second or third line function within the Financial Services sector
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in writing and verbally