- Posted 2023年10月24日 20:17
- Salary £110000 - £125000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Discipline 金融
- Contact NameMark Brown
A rapidly growing & evolving Lloyd's insurance business that has shown huge success since its formation is in the process of building out senior Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Controller the Head of External Reporting will be a member of the senior Controllership team that covers both BAU financial processes and articulating the financial performance to key stakeholders. You'll be the technical accounting expert, manage the preparation and submission of all reporting to external parties and ensure compliance with the Group accounting and reporting policies.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- The voice of the team across the wider Finance department with significant visibility, developing productive working relationships with other departments and personnel as required to fulfil the role.
- Review all regulatory returns and statutory accounts prepared by the team for the Syndicate, Group, and for other group entities.
- Ensure all returns are submitted in a timely manner to the appropriate committees for review and sign-off.
- Prepare and present papers to the Returns Approval Panel as part of the robust review process framework.
- To remain up to date with changes in statutory accounting and regulatory reporting regimes and support the Financial Controller in actively assessing the impact of such changes, including the implementation of processes, controls and solutions to support new regulatory requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact with the auditors in respect of regulatory returns and financial statements, assessing and assisting with comments and responses from the team and ensuring that financial statements and returns are duly signed off prior to submission.
- Provide advice on the appropriate accounting and reporting for specific transactions etc, liaising with Group Reporting and Regulatory Reporting teams as necessary, including developing technical position papers etc where necessary and ensuring compliance with wider Group accounting policies.
- Accountable for the development of members of the team, providing encouragement, motivation, and guidance
- Drive and motivate process improvement, liaising with the team and the others across the business to recommend solutions with the vision to:
- execute efficient and robust processes to produce Regulatory returns and statutory financial statements.
- continuously improve the quality and efficiency of the underlying processes and controls
- ensure that all activities are appropriately documented and to maintain up-to-date procedures manuals for areas of responsibility.
This fast-paced environment is looking for an ambitious accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with the willingness to challenge the status-quo and embed change. You will need an excellent understanding of Lloyd's reporting, UK GAAP, IFRS and be competent in the use of general ledger systems.